Orders are sent with Australia Post. Standard Parcel Post within Australia is $12.95, Express Post within Australia is $17.95.
Orders over $260 qualify for free delivery (automatically applied).
Life on the Hedge will make every possible effort to deliver orders to the address specified by the purchaser, on or before the estimated arrival date, but Life on the Hedge will not warrant that it will do so.
At present Life on the Hedge does not accept orders for delivery outside Australia.
This Shipping Policy is subject to change without notice.
Please choose carefully - Life on the Hedge does not offer REFUNDS for change of mind and/or incorrect choice.
However, you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund if an item is faulty or is not as described (as per Australian Consumer Law):
Please email Life on the Hedge within 7 days of receipt of your order and state the fault/issue with as much detail as possible, including photos;
If your claim is approved we will repair/replace the product or refund the purchase price, within a reasonable time;
You may be required to return the item to Life on the Hedge for inspection. Life on the Hedge will reimburse postage paid by the customer to return the product if the claim is ultimately approved.
If you purchase a harness and it (or one or more parts) does not fit your dog, we will happily offer an EXCHANGE for a harness of a different size/colour/style, or any other products we have available at the time of exchange, to the value of your original purchase amount (not including postage). Please note the following conditions:
1. The item/s to be exchanged must be received by Life on the Hedge within 14 working days of the day you received you order. Postage costs to return the item to Life on the Hedge are the responsibility of the customer. Note: we acknowledge that the post can sometimes take longer than expected (especially at the moment due to COVID-19) so please send your exchange with tracking to ensure we can see the date it was posted and see that it is in transit;
2. The customer must provide confirmation (either an email or a hand-written note) of what they would like to receive as an exchange;
3. All postage associated with an exchange, and any money owing if the customer chooses products with a higher cost than the original item/s, will be paid for by the customer. Postage is charged at our usual rates (see top of page). Life on the Hedge will take payment for postage and other money owing, by credit card payment via phone before the replacement items are sent;
4. Any items returned for an exchange must be in 'as new' condition: not marked, soiled or damaged; not worn other than to test for fit; not washed; complete with original tags/packaging attached and undamaged. Please remove any pet hair that may have been left on the harness during the test fit. Please avoid testing the harness in areas where people smoke;
5. We are unable to hold your exchange until an out of stock item is back in stock. However, as soon as we know what item you would like as a replacement, we will reserve it for you if it is in stock.
We understand it may sometimes be tricky to figure out what size or style of harness will best suit your dog, or your dog may be between sizes. If you would like to purchase two sizes/styles to check which one fits best, and then return one, we will refund you for the surplus item once received in as-new condition. Please note the following conditions:
1. Please state your intention to return one harness/component in your order notes;
2. The surplus item must be received by Life on the Hedge within 14 working days of the day you received you order;
3. The surplus item/s must be in 'as new' condition: not washed; not marked, soiled or damaged; not worn other than to test for fit; and complete with original tags/packaging attached and undamaged. Please remove any pet hair that may have been left on the harness/parts during your test fit. Please avoid testing the harness in areas where people smoke;
4. Postage costs to return the surplus item to Life on the Hedge are the responsibility of the customer;
5. Please read this policy in conjunction with our Returns section above. As Life on the Hedge does not offer refunds for change of mind or incorrect choice, for every item sent back to Life on the Hedge for a refund under this Buying Multiples policy, the customer must keep a corresponding item. ie, if you purchase two items you are permitted to return only one; if you return both items, payment to cover postage to send one item back to you must be received before it is resent to you.
Please contact us if you are unsure what items will be approved for a refund under this policy.
For all exchanges/returns:
Please include your name, contact details and order number with your exchange/return.
If policy conditions are not met, your exchange/return may be denied;
Life on the Hedge is not liable if an item being sent to us for any reason is lost or damaged by postal service/courier. For your protection we recommend that you return the goods using a registered + tracked service with signature on receipt;
To determine suitability, you are welcome to do a light 5-minute (max) test walk using the harness, whilst keeping in mind our exchange policy conditions above;
To ensure that your harness is not chewed, your dog should not be left unsupervised with it or whilst wearing it. Dogs should always be supervised when walking, or playing with toys, by a responsible adult. Returns/exchanges/replacements will not be approved for any items that have been chewed or damaged by your pet.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
This Exchange Policy is subject to change without notice.